Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Haul Out The Holly

I think we finally have our home dudded up for the holidays.
I found some beautiful garlands at JoAnn's last week (60% off!). One for the mirror in the formal living room.

And the china cabinet as well.

We love the bird nests on this one.


Our tree is a "family " tree, with the kids being in charge of decorating. Every year they receive a new ornament from my parents on Thanksgiving. Also new this year are home made bird ornaments.

And a souvenir from our trip to California.

Nothing better than cuddling up under a quilt in front of the fire.

This quilt is made from the Moda Peace on Earth fabric line.

I made 5 of these Christmas stockings a few years ago when I was pregnant with my 3rd and absolutely sure that baby would be our last. Yet, I still saved the pattern and extra fabric - just in case. I think this is proof that deep down I knew we would have one more...and we did (she's almost 2!).

The little blue chalkboard (that was never hung on the pantry door like I intended) has been spruced up as well.

And a little belief in the miracle of the Savior's birth. So grateful we can spend this time of year celebrating Him and his life.

Merry Christmas!

To see more (700 + more!) beautiful holiday homes check out the Christmas Tour of Homes at the Nesting Place.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

I really like your style and your home- simply beautiful! (No easy feat with 4 to tend to....I know!)

Brenda said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I love your Peace On Earth Quilt!
The garland looks great! I love Christmas garland, it is so easy and yet adds a warm and inviting Christmas atmosphere! I hope you get to use your left over fabric for another Chrsitmas stocking! ;D
I ordered my Christmas stockings from Pottery Barn when I knew our family was complete. I am tempted to make new ones just so I can say they are handmade by MOM!

Merry Christmas!
Love, Brenda

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Your home is so lovely. I love all the colors.

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful!Beautiful!
Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

Lookin' good!

Unknown said...

I love your home and the way you have decorated for Christmas. What beautiful colors you have chosen! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas!
Kay

brooke said...

Where do I start? Your Christmas stuff is beautiful but I am most impressed with the blue desk, chair, frames and chalkboard you painted. I can't believe the skirt you made, etc. All soooo cute. That desk is to die for and I love the fabric you used on the cushion. You are one talented girl.

My Cozy Cubby said...

Cute! Cute! Especially the little birdies! Like the frames too!

Beth at Aunties said...

I love all your new touches! I agree you have great style... and are so glad Miss M came to be your sweet cabbose.
Thanks for your comment about grandpa!:)

Trina said...

It all looks beautiful! Our stockings are my favorite decoration. (You can see them on my Thanksgiving post if you'd like.)

Moore Minutes said...

The way you decorate is stunning. I am loving that shade of blue!!! And I really want your mirror in my house, lol.

m said...

ooooh those pics are adorable. Can't wait to go and take a look at the rest. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm also loving your really sweet blog background. M x