Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Vintage Sheet Quilt Top

Holy Flower Power!
It's done...REALLY done this time. I added the 2 extra rows to make it a twin. Now, just as soon as school starts and things settle down a bit around here, I'll start quilting it. At least that's the plan.


This pattern, called Scrappy Sixties (Simply Sixties set) from Anka's treasures, was a lot fun. My favorite part is the zig zag edge. I think it will look pretty groovy hanging over the side of the bed.

My original intentions were for this quilt to used in my toddler's room when she converts from a crib to a bed, but somewhere along the line, my 7 year old fell in love. She even helped decide which sheets to use (sadly, the orange floral got the boot). Now I am trying to decide if I really feel like giving her whole room a makeover to go with it.

Oh probably. She can be very persuasive...and I kind of have a thing for makeovers.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This turned out so cute!!! I have visions of sheets from our house in the seventies. Beautiful bold colors and patterns. They were garage sale finds fore someone eons ago and now I'm jealous!

My Cozy Cubby said...

Way to sew! Looks awesome! Does this mean you will be repainting her room in the near future too?! I'm slowly building my stash of vintage sheets. You've inspired me to go outside my comfort zone and consider the bright oranges and yellows! Seems that's mostly what I find. They won't match anything I have, but will make a bright summer throw anyway, right? Maybe by next summer.

Almost Always said...

it's beautiful...i can see why your daughter has fallen so in love with it. i agree with you, the zig-zag edge is going to look fabulous hanging over the bedside. i love it!xo

Brenda said...

Sew Special! Sew Sweet!

I love it! It's BEAUTIFUL!

Come join the fun and enter my free drawing! A little girls Once Upon A time Apron"!

Shannan Martin said...

Ooh, I love vintage sheets! What a great idea!

Des said...

Looks amazing! I know, i'm a sucker for a child who loves a quilt. I vote for the makeover!

Amanda said...

Oh my! I'm in love! Love the colors--love the pattern--love the zig zag edge! Wow! Are you machine quilting it yourself? Can't wait to see it finished!