Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It’s a woman’s prerogative…

To change her mind. I wish I could say I was done with this project, but my kids are off track from school and with the four of them running around, I’m not about to get the paint out – at least not without reinforcements. Right now it’s only wearing a couple coats of primer, yet I am completely smitten. I’m afraid the lovely antique-ish looking blue paint I bought will have to grace another item - this piece was destined to be white.

And after running into a few other shabby beauties online (the photos are links), I'm convinced . . . I think.

Etsy: $395.00
Shabby Chic by Rachel Ashwell: $925.00

eBay:$1,395.00
After seeing how much these are going for, I am realizing just how much money I am saving by doing the work myself. Bargains make me happy - the painting mess, not so much.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I think I agree! It's a classy looking piece of furniture! The white or off white shabby chic look would give it even more class! Good Luck! I love it!

onlymehere said...

I hope you don't mind I came to visit. I found your site from your mom who left a comment on Scooterblu Whimsy's site (Rhonda) with your address. I'm LDS too and I love to quilt. For now my blog is private but I'm working on a public sewing one and I hope you don't mind if I pop in from time to time bz you seem to enjoy the same things I do! Cindy

Beth at Aunties said...

Natalie,
This is going to beautiful! You picked the right room.:) Thanks for you visit! See you tomorrow:)

Anonymous said...

That's a really great piece! It looks great white but would probably look great in a French Gray too. Love it!

Manuela