Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Things

Time sure has been flying by. I thought it would be easy to find a moment to post everyday. Well, I was wrong about that. However, there have been a few different things I have wanted to say and share, so this post is just a compilation of those random bits of goodness.

This is where we’ve been…Last month we escaped the cold up north and headed south, to this funky colored (in a Dr. Seuss sort of way) place. It was like leaving a black and white world for one of color. Sure felt good to be warm.
This is where we are going…We are headed to the Lake this weekend, our favorite summertime hangout. The water will still be too cold to swim, but the sandy beach will keep us entertained. And of course, there will be yummy raspberry milkshakes. Can’t wait.
A bargain…I found this quilted throw at TJ Maxx for $10. You can’t even buy the fabric to make a quilt for that price, not to mention the time it takes to put it all together (although I do like the whole putting together process). The colors are some of my current favorites (aqua blues and apple green) - reminds me of summer.

A new project…I love looking for old furniture on the local online classifieds. This dresser is my latest find. I think it has good bones – beautiful detail and I love the handles. This one I am going to keep for myself and use to store all my scrapbooking and sewing stuff. I am thinking distressed turquoise. :)

A good read...I just finished the 5th Maisie Dobbs novel, An Incomplete Revenge. I was first introduced to the series at book club, and became an instant fan. The main character is a heroine to admire. Intellectually stimulating, entertaining and clean (kind of hard to come by). Best if read in order.

And last (but best of all)...
A couple of silly boys. Caught them spiking their hair in the bathroom and just had to grab my camera. Well they thought I was going to take a picture of them undressed and went running. A chase ensued and this pic was snapped when I had them cornered behind a bedroom door.
And two sweet girls. They have something in one another that I never had... a sister. Already I am seeing what a beautiful thing it will be.

2 comments:

Neena said...

I tracked your blog down through your sweet comment to me. I love the adorable pictures of you kids and Maggie is getting so big, I think she looks a lot like Olivia.

Jamie said...

Your children are beautiful! I absolutely love them! I am so excited that I'm going to inherit ten neices and nephews instantly... and they're all so cute and sweet! I, of course, know how you feel about the growing up without a sister thing. But sisters-in-law are great, as I've learned with my brother's wife. Believe it or not, she's an only girl in her family too, with four brothers! AND the youngest! What a combo.